Friday, April 25, 2008

Memories

It was a sunny afternoon mid July and the feeling was just right, love was in the air. She sat on a bench across from me glowing beautifully in the afternoon sun. As I walked over I slid the ring out of my pocket trying to hide it from her view. My sweaty hands made the tiny golden band slippery and hard to hold on to. I sat down next to her, shaking and obviously nervous, she asked me if I was OK. "Molly, will you marry me?". The next few seconds of my life felt like an eternity... finally... "Yes". At this moment my heart filled with a feeling I had rarely felt before, it filled with love, excitement, joy, strength, courage, hope, and most importantly happiness.
Moments like this don't happen very often in our lives unfortunately, but when they do happen it is truly special and we should always allow ourselves to cherish these moments.

This event took place in my life almost two years ago. Here I am now in front of my computer screen poking away at my keyboard, alone, tired, sad, and the slightest bit bitter. Needless to say we never got married and that was probably for the best. I've spent a lot of time lately wondering where it all went wrong, but as i think about it more and more I realize that nothing at all went "wrong" things just didn't go as I had expected. I'm sure that what happened to me was exactly what was supposed to happen to me at this point in my life. Some people say its fate, some people say its destiny, some people say its god's plan, I say its luck of the draw. Some of us are lucky and some of us aren't. You can call it an unfortunate coincidence if you want to. I don't care what the hell you call it the point and the most important thing is that no matter what happens to us in our lives there is always something to learn.

For some of us the old cliche still holds true "Its better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all" and for some of us it doesn't. I like to think of a separation as a time of renewal, a time to think back and remember the happiness of being in love and use that memory to fuel my passion for life and fuel my future ventures and my hope for eventually finding the right person to share my life with. So lets always remember our good times in life and try to avoid the bitterness that often is so easy to hold on to.

Jesse Roulette
Remembering things One at a Time

No comments: