Thursday, April 24, 2008

One at a time

My name is Jesse Roulette. I'm not a professional writer, I didn't go to college or university, as a matter of fact i didn't even scrape up enough grades to finish high school. Does this make me stupid in some way? Does it make me dumb or ignorant? Maybe it makes me irresponsible and illiterate, yea, that has to be it! Although i didn't spend very much time attending my wonderfully under budgeted public school i did learn a lot. I learnt about math and science, history and language, geography and politics, i learnt many important things from my limited time studying but one thing that no school in the world can teach you is common sense.

The funny thing about common sense is that unfortunately some of us have it and some of us don't. Does anyone really remember how or when they first learnt about common sense? I don't. I'm sure that somewhere down the line we have all had a conversation with somebody lacking in the common sense department. Its quite sad sometimes. I have recently gone through a separation and it has been difficult. Two people who thought they loved each other more than anything else in the world just to find out three years later that they didn't. Now some people may call this a bad relationship, some people may call this a waste of three years. Because i don't like to throw anything away and i refuse to believe i just threw away three years of my life i like to call it a sociological study of common sense, with excellent results. Now I'm not here to call down my ex or make fun of people in anyway shape or form, all I'm wondering is if we as the human race can unify and find an effective way to teach people common sense. If we teach common sense to the world we could make a difference. Maybe we won't make a difference but at least if we teach common sense to those who lack it, we who have it won't have to deal with them anymore and for me that's a good start! So please people for the sake of man kind if you know an individual lacking in common sense slap them across the head and tell them to read this! Thank You!

Jesse Roulette
Teaching Idiots One at a Time

1 comment:

supreme said...

I do not fully agree with you...Who is going to decide who`s common sense to "use"
What is common sense to you might be different to somebody else...depending on culture, values, childhood etc.
So again....who will decide?